Fall into good habits for increasing your Reiki time and harvest the benefits.Even a few minutes of Reiki can make a difference in your sense of well-being and help bring balance to a busy day. Committed, consistent Reiki over time can result in significant improvements in overall health, according to a 2010 survey of more than 500 practitioners. Survey Highlights
Habits to cultivate:
- Begin your day with a brief self-treatment before getting out of bed. Morning Reiki helps me wake fully, feel centered and better prepared to start my day.
- Treat yourself before going to sleep at night for a more restful night’s sleep. If you are wakeful during the night, use Reiki to ease back into sleep.
- Quietly place a hand(s) inconspicuously on your body at odd times during the workday—during a break or a meeting, for instance—and allow Reiki to flow. This can reduce stress and aid in re-centering when you feel out of balance.
- If you have a formal Reiki practice, or a dedicated Reiki area in your home, prepare the space just as you would to receive a client; get on the table and treat yourself to the session you give clients. These are the best sessions I give myself. Afterwards I feel deeply rested and refreshed.
- Exchange sessions with another practitioner(s) on a regular basis. Working with a committed exchange partner(s) consistently over time can be life changing. It has been for me!
- Attend Reiki Circles/Shares. The brief treatments received and given during a Circle can bring about significant shifts for participants.
- Schedule a hands-on or distant session with me. Longer sessions (2 hours for a hands-on session and 1 hour for a distant session) help to facilitate the deepest healing on all levels—mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual.
I invite you to share ways you work Reiki into your self-care regimen. Thank you for your comments!
©2017 Marianne Streich, Reiki for Living.