I think of Reiki as prayer made physical. It can be sent effectively over distance to a person in another room, another city, or across the globe. Reiki can also be sent to business meetings, job interviews, mediation sessions for divorce, or any other event.
I have had a few sessions with Marianne, distant and hands-on. Each was a unique healing experience. Probably the most profound was when I was immobilized with a fractured shoulder and was feeling really down. She did a distant session for me, and what I can say is that it completely transformed my mood. At the end I felt uplifted, supported, and my energy shifted in a palpable way….and this was a distant session. Karen Johannsen, M.A., Certified Counselor and Reiki Master, Shoreline, WA
When situations in my life have made me feel helpless, I am grateful I can ask Marianne for distant Reiki. My experience of the Reiki is that of a shield of protection enveloping me. I don’t exactly understand the feelings, but it’s as if there’s a hum of well being surrounding me. Sometimes I notice changes immediately, and sometimes it’s many days later before I realize what has happened and that the difficulties have passed! Pearl Ball, Richmond, VA
Procedure for an individual distant session:
- Through email or phone conversation, we will discuss your needs and what you would like to accomplish with the session.
- We agree upon a date and time for the session.
- At the appointed time, you will situate yourself comfortably in a quiet area where you will not be disturbed. You may wish to play soothing music.
- The treatment begins with a prayer of intention. If you wish, this can be said over the phone, otherwise done at the appointed start time. I will continue sending Reiki for a minimum of 1 hour and perhaps as long as 1 hour and 15 minutes, depending upon your needs.
- After the treatment I provide feedback by email or phone within 24 hours and am available to answer any questions you might have.
Sending distant Reiki to a meeting/event:
- Provide me with the date, time, and location of the meeting/event.
- If possible, give me a list of attendees.
- State the purpose of the meeting.
- I will begin sending Reiki shortly before the start of the meeting.
- I will ask that each person attending arrive with an open mind and willingness to listen to all points of view.
- I will ask that all information presented be given clearly and that the correct questions will arise for any clarification needed.
- I will not ask that one point of view prevail over others, but for an outcome that serves the highest good of all concerned.
My fee is $85 for a private distant Reiki session; $120 for a 2-hour hands-on session.
I am a member of the International Association of Reiki Professionals, and I adhere to its Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.