Living beings (and all of creation) are programmed for self-healing. Reiki facilitates, supports, and enhances this natural healing process.
You have so much more experience, and so many more skills and techniques to draw on during a treatment than most practitioners.
Judy Dansdill, MA, LMP, Reiki Master
My first Reiki session was an experience I will never forget. I came to the session exhausted, unable to cope with anything, and left feeling relaxed, healed, and in some ways, reborn.
Private Equity Investor, Seattle, WA
After a treatment with you, not only are my muscles relaxed and pain free, but I feel more whole because my spirit is lighter and more carefree. Reiki releases the stress I feel on every level—body, mind, and spirit. After a treatment I feel as if my whole self runs smoothly and as it should.
Karin Cross, Lynnwood, WA
Over the past decade, I have had the privilege of giving hundreds of hands-on and distant Reiki sessions to clients experiencing a wide variety of health-related conditions, including:
- a desire to maintain and support good health
- physical challenges
- emotional/mental challenges
- muscle tension
- Parkinson’s and other chronic conditions
- high blood pressure
- chronic pain
- pregnancy and childbirth
Reiki is not a substitute for traditional medical or psychological treatment.
Rather, the deep relaxation it brings about:
- enhances and supports other modes of treatment
- mitigates the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- reduces bruising and swelling and the need for pain medication after injury or surgery
- promotes a sense of peace and well-being
- makes it easier for the body to heal itself, whatever the condition
Reiki is accomplished through gentle touch or with the practitioner’s hands slightly above the body of the recipient. The recipient remains fully clothed. A warm and soothing energy flows from the hands of the practitioner into the recipient, releasing tension, creating deep relaxation, and facilitating healing. The energy used is not the practitioner’s, but the universal life force that flows through all of life. I consider this force to be Divine Love. The healing that takes place is between Divine Love (the Higher Power, God, Spirit, Universal Energy) and the recipient. I am simply the conduit connecting the two in a more powerful way than the recipient is typically able to do for him/herself.
Allow 2 hours for a hands-on session. (The treatment typically take 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours.) No special preparation is needed prior to a Reiki treatment. Simply come dressed comfortably.
My fee is $120 per session. Discount Packages are available for multiple sessions. I accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, check, and cash. Schedule an appointment.
What to expect from a Reiki session with me:
- Prior to a treatment I allow 10-15 minutes for you to share whatever you care to about the issues or conditions that brought you to me.
- Based on this conversation, we establish an intention or focus for the session.
- You are situated comfortably upon a treatment table.
- I say a brief affirmative prayer restating your intention.
- During the treatment, I will lightly touch your body (or work above it, if you prefer) using a progression of specific hand positions, which are indicated to me by cues from your body.
- Following the treatment, you will sit for a few minutes and have the opportunity to ask questions or share anything you care to about your experience.
- I will share my observations and any insights I may have received.
- You may feel energized and ready to go about the rest of your day with renewed enthusiasm, or your body may ask for rest. I suggest you honor whatever your body indicates it needs.
- I provide you with information for self-care following the treatment.
Results reported by my clients include:
- Deep relaxation
- Relief from insomnia
- More restful sleep
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Relief from chronic pain
- Alleviation of side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
- Less bruising and pain after surgery
- Lifting of anxiety, panic, and depression
- Release of past trauma without reliving the event
- Greater sense of self
- Increased feeling of well-being
- Enhanced ability to live joyfully
My fee is $120 per session. Discount Packages are available for multiple sessions. I accept major credit cards, checks, and cash.
North Seattle Location. Office Hours:
10:00 a.m. — 6:30 p.m. weekdays
1:00 p.m. — 4:00 p.m. Saturday
I am a member of the International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP), and I adhere to its Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.