I received this question in a recent email from a Reiki Master who is planning to start a Reiki business.
Here are my suggestions:
(see below to download a comprehensive article on starting a Reiki business)
- Give your business a name and purchase a domain name.
- Take all necessary legal steps such as acquiring the requisite business licenses.
- Purchase professional liability insurance.
- Create a professional-looking website. (This can be one page to start with.)
- Join a professional Reiki association. (I belong to The International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP), and use their intake and informed consent forms.)
- Open a PayPal account, if you don’t have one already, and set up your smart phone so you can take credit card payments.
- Whether renting space or dedicating a room in your home as a treatment room, present the most professional appearance you possibly can. If this is to be the same space you have been using to give free sessions, make it different by framing and hanging your certificates and business license, adding decorative touches, etc.
- Plan an open house to launch your business.
When you are ready to launch your business, send an email or postal letter to everyone